Studio sessions are versatile and useful in many ways.
Some may say these types of images with simple back drops are traditionally seen in studios handling family photography, but there are a number of reasons and ways to justify a setting that does not have a busy background.
1. Okay, so we've already identified family photos with simple back drops. Yes, especially when getting annuals, and printing them for display in homes, white, gray and even black backdrops may provide consistency through the years.
2. Senior portraits are often captured outdoors, although a high school student may prefer a studio setting over the natural light outdoors when given a choice. Some photographers may offer packages that allow and provide both types of photography in celebrating this monumental occasion.
3. Studio sessions are also great for headshots and images that will be used for LinkedIn, websites, and business cards.
4. Additionally, dance and sports teams prefer to have packages with combinations of self portraits as well as team photos in their uniforms.
5. Even more, studio sessions are great for product photography opportunities, which may or may not include a model's hand or leg, but primarily focus and hone in on the product or idea of a service being purchased and enjoyed.